Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finally, an update!

Okay, so I know it's been a while. I'm finally settled into my apartment. I don't have internet at the house and I haven't felt like going somewhere with free wifi. So much has happen I don't even know where to begin.

I'll start with my lovely (and I hope you can hear the sarcasm in voice) apartment. Just about everything has gone wrong from the electricity not working in half of the apartment, to lightbulbs exploding and smoke coming from sockets, to no hot water and lastly, no heat. I hate to jinx myself by saying this, but everything with the apartment is okay at the moment. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Work is super busy which is a big change from my position in Raleigh. Every time I think I've got a handle on things I get something new and I'm confused all over again. Needless to say, I do not have time to email my friends all day and surf the internet like I did in Raleigh. I still like the work even though I'm constantly overwhelmed.

I have ventured into the city a few more times. Each time I'm amazed at the people, the buildings, the lights, the rushing around. People have stopped to ask me directions and I certainly do not know where anything is. I am slowly learning how to navigate around the city. My mom and Gran came to visit this past weekend. It was so good to see them. We went sight seeing on Friday and the weather was perfect. They just kept saying how unbelievable New York is. The funniest thing was after taking a carriage ride through Central Park. The driver got off to take a picture of us, then Weston, mom and Gran got off. The horse started going while I was trying to get off. The driver said "oh, it's fine. He won't go anywhere." The horse keeps on going faster and I'm thinking Oh shit, this horse is going to take off with me in the carriage and how am I going to get off?! The guy must have thought the same because he started running after the horse. No worries, I got off safe and sound. Too bad no one got a picture of my expression.....Saturday we saw Billy Elliott on Broadway. It is hilarious and I highly recommend it to everyone.

I was so sad to see my mom and Gran leave on Sunday. I didn't realize how homesick I was until I dropped them off at the airport. Luckily most days I'm too busy to think about it.

Last night we went to see a Phish coverband, Thursday we're going to Hoboken to see SOJA, a reggae band, and then Saturday we are heading in to the city for an 80s and 90s party. Both should be a blast. I've only touched on a few things that have been happening but I don't want to make this post too long and Weston is bored sitting here watching me type. I will make the effort to come to Panera more to take advantage of the free wifi.

Ta-ta for now!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment