Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Better I guess

We actually made it through the first week with no major problems. Here's a few things we learned thus far....
  • Exact change of $1 in the Easypass pay toll does not mean a one dollar bill. It literally means CHANGE. Luckily, while we were fumbling around for change no rude Jersey drivers came up behind us, beeped and flipped us the finger.
  • Pay close attention when driving around here because if you take the wrong turn you could end up heading to the GWB like we almost did. Talk about seriously freaking out.
  • Garmin considers convenience stores and grocery stores the same. They are not.
  • Men up here stare without trying to be discrete. It's kind of uncomfortable.
  • People have been really friendly so far. Random people talk to us. I think they can't resist the southern charm. ;)
  • Where Erica lives (down the shore, picking up the slang already...) is pretty similar to Raleigh traffic wise. Where I am is a million times worse.
  • Erica, her family, and friends made us feel like we belong this past weekend. Pictures to come!!
  • I like room service!
Things do seem better. We're finding some places that we're interested in. We've learned our way around a little bit more. I think work is so busy I don't have time to think about how much I miss home. It's overwhelming and I feel like I take one step forward and two steps back. But I think I'm getting the hang of things slowly. I miss everyone like crazy though!!

1 comment:

  1. kerry anne! you are such a good blogger! I'm having fun keeping up with you :)

    I'm so proud of you chica! Hang in there! you are going to have so much fun and so many good stories.

    I'm up in the area around March 9th. Maybe we can meet up?

    ReplyDelete